Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rethinking my blog title...

While there are many joyful things in my life, after the morning I've had, I'm contemplating changing the title! Is it wrong to write about un-joyful things when the title of my blog is Everyday Joy, when the purpose of writing a post should be to write about something joyful. I'm just not feeling it this morning. Maybe if I take a minute to vent first, I'll get to the joy.

The past few months have been really hard when it comes to my stepmom/stepson relationship with Hudson. I struggle with knowing what to talk about or do with him. As a boy, he would rather hang with Randy then me, and I completely understand that. He's at the preteen/tween stage and I realize it will only get harder. For the most part, we get along great. But when we clash, it seems to take a few days to get back on track. I'm learning to pick my battles with him, although this sometimes means that Lily gets overlooked. If I correct him too much, he'll be mad for days. I can only gently tell him to be nice to his sister, to put his dishes away, to please clean up his things, etc. If I even remotely get stern, he keeps pushing buttons until I either lose it or just walk away. Randy does his best to defend me, but he can only do that so much, until it's almost to the point where Hudson resents me for "getting him in trouble". I guess I am just needing to vent. I know that I am doing the right thing by choosing my battles and letting Randy fight the big issues, with my support. It just truly hurts me to be walked and crushed, sometimes for no other reason than putting a fork in the dishwasher! UGH!!! AHHH! There is only so much one woman can do! 

Okay, I'm done venting. That feels better, thanks for listening!

Now onto the joy! My sister and her kids are coming this weekend, and I could not be more excited! The weather should be beautiful, upper 70s and sunny! Needless to say, on top of my normal, busy week, I've been cleaning and organizing like a mad woman! It's all worth it, because I can't wait to spend some time with her and the kids!


1 comment:

  1. WE had an AMAZING time and it was so much time. We are definitely going to have to do this again! Love you so much and you didn't have to clean so much for us. WE probably just trashed it while we were there!

    ReplyDelete